So, this is FINALLY a time of year when everyone else is just as goal-oriented as I am. 🙂 So I’m putting together 3 different short lists to encompass “18 in 2018,” goals that I specifically want to achieve this year. I’ll hold myself accountable by writing up the experience whenever I reach one, and I’ll share with you all ahead of time what I think will be the scope of the goal.
As with all goals, these may mold to fit what is available to me in 2018, but I’m excited to see what this year holds for me and I want to greet it with great excitement and enthusiasm.
FIRST 6 GOALS:
- Run the Louisville “MiniMarathon”: In late April, I want to run a specific half marathon while Husband runs a full marathon for the first time. We’ll need to train like crazy, but I think we can do it. We don’t live in Louisville, so I’m going to make the whole thing into a fun weekend away, which is another one of my goals: explore cities that we can drive to for only 2-4 days.
- Start and host a Book Discussion: For me, this may just mean one meeting where friends and I talk about a book or it could turn into a monthly meeting; I just know that I want other people to read interesting books with me and talk about them, so I want to make the effort to get people together for this idea.
- Get rid of the old Futon and a few other large items: We have broken or broken-down items in our basement gathering dust, and if they are cleaned and evacuated from the basement, they will be better used by other people and will help me not feel like we are slowly piling up junk all over the house. Even just discarding them can be a pain and require a few steps, so getting this done is a real achievement.
- Plan and do a Group Camping Trip with our Young Professionals Group: A friend of ours started a young professionals meet-up this year, and we want to help her keep it going by planning a camping trip that can help young folks in our town to bond and get to know each other. This won’t be till May at the earliest, but it will be quite the undertaking so I’m hoping to follow through.
- Pay for everything but the mortgage/bills in cash for a month: We are trying to cut discretionary spending in January, so this goal will either get done or need to be re-done quite early. We want to see how it feels different to spend money when we have to pay cash for everything.
- Have house guests at least 1x per month: I get into a rut where I like being at home without having people over for dinner or a party, so this goal is mostly to keep me in “shape” with cleaning the house and showing hospitality to others!
More are coming in future posts! What are some of your 18 in 2018?